Friday 27 July 2012

Somerset Holiday Block - the Patchwork Sunbeam

This is a short and sweet post written direct from Harvey J as we are taking a little holiday down in Somerset. I thought I'd show you my latest patchwork holiday block that I finished yesterday.

I chose the Sunbeam Block as we are having such gorgeous sunny weather.

It's been a lovely block to sew......



I'm really pleased with the way the colours look together.......



The little fans of each side are sewn together first and then the outside blue pieces are sewn on. Finally each side piece is sewn to the central square and the diagonal seams are sewn up.


I'd love to know what you think....

Maggie xx

6 comments:

  1. Wow. Beautiful Maggie. Enjoy your Somerset jaunt x Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The colours are so pretty together and quite summery so well suited to a Somerset jaunt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the summery colours and how they interact together. Harvey J is obviously a good place for creative energy.

    Enjoy your break.

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice! I like the mix of the polka dot with the florals.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect! I love the color combination, too! Oh, I hope you are having a super wonderful time on your holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that block! Of course I always love your color schemes too and your quilting is impeccable! Those seams meet exactly! Wow! Beautiful job!
    I'm not into "fancy" quilting and enjoy the simple patchwork but I really like that block. Are you making a whole quilt of it or different blocks or a pillow? I just love it. I want to make one now too! I love everything you do! You're so inspiring. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear from you!