Monday 29 October 2012

Sunny Autumn Canal Walk

On Saturday morning, we woke up to sunshine and gorgeous blue skies.
Such a refreshing change to the grey, drizzly weather we have been experiencing in the last few days.


A perfect morning to take a walk down to the canal.....
 
Over on the other side of the Golden Valley, you can see the leaves starting to turn...


There's mistletoe up in that tree but I'm not going up there to fetch it!


I love the pretty (steep) path down towards the canal....


All dappled in the sunshine....


and crunchy Autumn leaves beneath our boots.....


The leaves have just started turning in one corner of this magnificent old tree....


We arrived at the old canal bridge.......


One side of the canal looked so pretty and sunny........


and the other side looked rather beautiful and mysterious under the Autumn sky....



We took the path along the overgrown canal......


Spencer always loves to explore and is partial to a paddle!




Restoration work is still progressing at Griffin Mill lock....
 

 
Then along to the next bridge.....


And back up the hill again.....





and along the lane......


....gorgeous red berries on the way.....


.......and back home......


For a warming lunch of salmon tray bake......


And homemade bread :)


Maggie xx

7 comments:

  1. Looks like perfect weather for a gorgeous walk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely walk! I felt as though I were there with you all! Lovely leaf colours and scenery! Lucky Spencer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a yummy dinner! I love your walk. Everything is so wild and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have such beautiful walking paths...I could move there just for that! A beautiful, magical place and of course Spencer was having a grand time of it. Your food looks so delicious! I have to go eat now! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Maggie
    Wonderful photos which make me feel a tad homesick.
    You must enjoy the most incredible walks. I miss not being able to walk up the woods as I used to. My sister's dogs love me when I pop back to the Uk because I take them for walk after walk.
    mmmm fresh salmon and homemade bread ....what more can you wish for !

    keep well

    Amanda :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for taking us along on your walk. Has been gray and dreary here for several days. A pretty (vicarious) walk was just the thing!

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear from you!