Friday 15 November 2013

Apples and Logs



We've had a lovely Autumn day today........


We've been peeling, coring and chopping apples.


We had collected about four from our garden (not a good year for our apple tree!) and my parents had given us some too. 


We made up four bags to put in the freezer ready to make apple crumbles to warm us up throughout the winter months.


Chris asked me to help him sort some logs he wanted to saw up.



I had brought them back from my parents earlier in the week and they needed to be sawn and stacked. My task was to mark them with chalk ready for Chris to saw them, then stack them neatly.


I enjoyed studying the ends of the logs once they had been sawn.



Now we have a good supply ready for the woodburner.....


 to keep us toastie warm during the cold months ahead....


This is one of the canal bridges from our walk today....  it looks so pretty with the hanging vegetation...


And I like the reflections in the water...


Thanks for popping by,

Maggie xx

4 comments:

  1. Looks like you're getting well prepared !
    Shame about your apple tree, I thought it had been a good year for fruit too.Still, looks like you have got a good haul to keep you going in crumbles for a while!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Maggie! It definitely sounds all cozy at your house!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fall chores, all things that need to be done before winter, beautiful pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love prepping for Winter although I don't cut my own wood just gather kindling. I order and I probably should have ordered some by now. The chimney sweep comes next week. Do you just cut up your apples and freeze as is? You don't have to pre-cook them or anything? That's awesome! I thought you had to can them or make pie filling. I love having the larder full! Good job you 2 oh, and Spencer too...I'm sure he was a big help.

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear from you!