Friday 28 November 2014

A Finish...My Crochet Scarf...

Today I'm feeling much better. I'm definitely on the mend from the nasty cold/cough I've had all week.

I've haven't enjoyed being poorly but one good thing is that I've had time to start (on Tuesday) and finish (today) my crochet scarf!


I've loved crocheting this lovely lacy pattern from Marie Anne St. John...it was so quick and easy.....


As the pattern suggested, I edged it with double crochet (UK triple).....


I didn't want tassles at the ends so I found this tutorial by Once Upon A Pink Moon for a pom pom edge. I adapted it slightly by making less chains (4 instead of 6) to make it slightly smaller for my scarf.


I've never made a pom pom edge before and I'm rather pleased!

I'll definitely be making more of these!

Thanks for popping by!

Maggie xx

9 comments:

  1. I love the scarf! I'm glad you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your scarf is lovely and the background quilt is very nice and colorful:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The scarf looks gorgeous, Maggie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely scarf you have made. This is just a thought, Maggie as I know you are always very busy with lots of crocheting projects, but if you have a little time and some spare scraps of wool, a small independent charity called Spanish Stray Cats (https://www.facebook.com/SpanishStrayCats) are in need of blankets for their cats during the winter. Apparently their stock of blankets was infested with rat fleas over the summer and had to be destroyed, and the area of Spain gets verry cold in the winter. If you have time to crochet a blanket for these kitties I have the postal address. I'm sure they would be very grateful. I knit very wobbly blankets for them, but I'm so s-l-o-w! If any of your crafty readers would like to help they can contact me through my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice. I like the edging, different to the usual tassles. Thanks for sharing the tutorial, may give this a try.

    ReplyDelete
  6. O sol é para as flores o que os sorrisos são para a humanidade.(Joseph Addison)
    Amei os pompons de crochês...essa cor muito delicada, linda!!!!
    Obrigada querida, pela visita carinhosa!
    Um doce abraço, Marie.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice scarf and the pom poms are darling!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad to hear that you are feeling better, the pom poms on your scarf are incredibly cute! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pom poms look great on your scarf!
    Robin

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear from you!