Sunday 25 January 2015

Griffin Mill Lock

We went for a lovely walk down to the canal last weekend. I hadn't walked down there for months and I was very impressed by the progress made by the Cotswold Canal Trust at Griffin Mill Lock. 


The new lock gates are all in place....



The brickwork has all been restored.






Don't jump in, Spencer!


Just past the lock is the next stretch of canal to be restored....



There is a bench dedicated to Private Howard Pegler, a soldier who sadly died of his wounds in World War 1....



The next lock to be restored is Ham Mill Lock....




I've made a few more blocks for my Bright Stars quilt. It's now 6 blocks by 6. I'm going to try for 7 blocks by 7 to make it a good size for a double bed. This is quite a big quilt for me. I usually make lap or baby quilts.


I had to show you this next pic! 
Adorable Spencer with his Winnie the Pooh (a Christmas present from George)!


Thanks for visiting!

Maggie xx

4 comments:

  1. What a great walk, it always nice to see restoration work. Your quilt is beautiful, a feast for the eyes with some beautiful fabrics. That dog of yours is a delight with his little friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love the photo of Spencer!! Too too cute!!! The new lock and bench and canal works and so on are amazing aren't they. It will be wonderful when all the work is finished and a great place to visit for walkers and boaters alike. Your quilt is looking gorgeous! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to see that restoration is continuing. You have some lovely photos here. Take care and keep warm Diane.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The canal restoration is fascinating. When I lived in Iowa it was near the Amana Colonies which used to have Amish people (back int he day) and they have canals as that's how they transported things. Is that what those canals were used for or was it for preventing flooding? Always interesting.
    I love your quilt! It's a beauty!
    Awwww...Spencer with Winnie the Pooh....too cute!

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear from you!