It was a very cold day up on the Common when I asked Chris to take some photos of my new crocheted hat.
I had a 100g ball of gorgeous variegated turquoise yarn...
...that had been in my yarn stash for way too long!
I followed a fantastic pattern by Hopeful Honey for a French Pompom beret. You can find the pattern here. I hadn't ever crocheted a rib pattern before and it was interesting to see it grow so differently to a knitted rib i.e. horizontally instead of vertically.
I didn't have enough yarn left to make the pompom so I made one mixing up some other yarns...I think it looks fine.
The main thing is that it helps keep me warm on those walks up on the Common. The wind doesn't half blow up there!
Thanks for visiting!