Thursday 2 March 2017

Handmade Retro Travel Wallet

Hi there,

I wanted to show you my travel wallet that I've just completed....


My existing travel wallet just wasn't big enough to hold all our documents. I saw this super YouTube tutorial by Debbie Shore and adapted it to make a bigger wallet to hold everything.


I used this wonderfully retro 1970s cord fabric that I had discovered in a charity shop. It had been sitting in my stash for a few years. There was only a small piece but it was just the right amount for my wallet.


I used another vintage fabric to line and bind my wallet....


It's a pretty green floral fabric which is possibly an old Laura Ashley design.....


A fabulous old button from my button box!


Now I have plenty of room for our passports....four in all including two pets! They all fit perfectly into the zippered pocket.


Behind the zippered pocket, there's another pocket for paperwork such as vaccination and insurance certificates....


Somewhere to slip your cards.....I will use this for our ferry boarding cards which are the same size as a credit card...


....and another pocket on the other side for our ferry tickets.....


So now everything's handy and in one place, I'm all ready for our next trip!


Thanks for popping by!

Maggie xx

6 comments:

  1. I love it, the cord fabric is absolutely gorgeous. Beautiful and useful xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's pretty!! Nice to see your post after a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it, what a wonderful idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am travelling next month so thank you for this post. I think I will try to make something similar. Will be really handy. Debbie Shore makes such wonderful videos. I like the way she explains things. Your fabrics are very pretty, I hope I find something nice in my stash :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't travel anymore but I was thinking what a nice gift it would make...a regular billfold. The fabrics you chose are really great and I love vintage 'anything'! LOL! The button looks like it was made for that travel kit. I've been watching Debbie Shore since you mentioned her videos and I love her! I was hoping to get to sewing this past weekend but it didn't happen....maybe today! I am itching to do some sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great to see you back on here from "Brambling" loving all the adventures too. Great wallet, might make something for my daughter before she goes on honeymoon next month.

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear from you!